News and updates on the outbreak of Coronavirus keep on gaining prominence.
For most people, the virus is gradually becoming a reality.
Something they are actually at risk of.
In most places, the government ordered self-isolation and quarantine.
This is done to control the spread of this deadly virus.
And while we all hope for good health, adhering to that directive is a practical way to stay safe.
This article is aimed at providing tips─during lockdown and beyond on how to take care of your health during covid-19.
- This is How to Take Care of Your Health During Covid-19
- 1. Get the Needed Medications
- 2. What to do If You Work from Home
- 3. Needed Foodstuffs
- 4. First Aid Box
- 5. Hygiene Products
- 6. Reliable Soap and Water Supply
- 7. Utilities
- 8. Games and Craft Supplies
- 9. Stay Connected
- 10. Invest in Books
- Essentials to Buy to Safeguard Your Health
- Final Thoughts
This is How to Take Care of Your Health During Covid-19
1. Get the Needed Medications
Some individuals who do not enjoy good health will be placed on drugs.
Those who seem to bask in a robust health status might fall sick too.
The way out is to purchase the right medications.
Do you wish to get stuck? Absolutely No!
The roadway is to purchase needed medication.
How to organize the list and not miss out on what to buy
Let’s examine a few tips below.
- Those with underlying health conditions
- Those without
Tips for those with Underlying health Conditions:
- Check your drug list, check those that can’t last you a few weeks
- Get the phone number of a pharmacist (To place a call across when there is a need)
Tips for those without underlying conditions:
- Get the phone number of a pharmacist (To avoid self-medication)
- Note your symptoms and inform him
- Purchase enough Vitamin C and Pain killers
Drink more water to retain a healthy status.
Keep your home free from mosquitoes, houseflies, and rodents.
2. What to do If You Work from Home
Here is another tip on how to take care of your health during covid-19.
First, I know that it isn’t all sorts of jobs that can be remotely done.
So first, think, can I do my job remotely?
I know this stay at home makes no significant difference for freelancers.
But if you aren’t a freelancer, you will need to prepare for the success of your work from home.
I discussed with a friend this week about his work, and he told me:
“We’ve been asked to work from home.”
Is your situation similar to Victor?
How can you show your preparedness to work from home?
Get these items:
- A computer
- High-speed internet access
- A Desk and Chair
- Adequate Lighting
- Related Software
- A notepad and pen
Set a Flexible Schedule
Set a Target
Just ensure that you set up your workspace and keep an excellent approach towards it.
That way, you can maximize your productivity.
That will undoubtedly add value to your preparation for coronavirus.
3. Needed Foodstuffs
If there’s anything most people would deem necessary at this time, it is food.
You don’t want to go on a hunger strike during this period of self-isolation.
And really, you do not have to.
Eating well with less would be necessary.
And for this, you need to stock your store with essential foodstuffs.
So yeah, if you are thinking of what to buy for the coronavirus preparation, these should top your list:
The ideas below can assist you in creating a sensible grocery list:
- Buy extra dry grains (rice, oats, wheat, beans); they can be stored effectively.
- Buy flour and other necessary ingredients to make snacks.
- Buy taste boosters such as fruit jam, ketchup, and olives.
4. First Aid Box
This is just an excellent tip on how to take care of your health during covid-19.
Whether there is a virus outbreak or not, a collection of supplies and equipment for giving immediate medical treatment is a must-have.
However, it is of more importance with a pandemic outbreak.
On a typical day, you could visit a medical facility for minor issues if you desire.
Having a first aid kit would go a long way in preventing you from going out unnecessarily.
Knowing this importance, you should consider doing the following:
- Get plasters, bandages, sterile gloves, safety pins, tweezers, and gauze dressings for a first aid kit.
- If you had a kit before reading this, check for missing items and buy to fill up.
5. Hygiene Products
Personal hygiene products such as toilet papers, paper towels, and toothpaste are necessary for living.
Imagine being stuck at home without things like toothpaste, toothbrush, and body wash.
I’m sure that would be annoying, and you will feel less comfortable.
Remember, you might not have the liberty to do the usual “buy after it runs out” style with your hygiene products for this period.
To help you maintain your good personal hygiene for the next few weeks, act on the following:
- Ensure that you have toothpaste, body wash, shampoo, and other related items at home.
- Buy enough toilet paper and paper towels.
- And for the ladies, do not forget to pick up some extra sanitary pads or any other substitutes.
6. Reliable Soap and Water Supply
The importance of regular hand washing cannot be overemphasized.
Even while at home, washing your hands as often as possible is something you shouldn’t toil with.
Of course, this can only be possible if there is a reliable and regular supply of soap and water throughout this period.
Here are things you can do:
- Put measures in place to ensure your regular supply of water, such as pumping of water.
- Buy enough soap for bathing, washing plates, and clothes.
- Before you eat or cook, wash your hands.
While it might not be as fun as your regular day, your stay at home does not have to be dull.
One more thing to do to prepare for Coronavirus is to arrange for necessary utilities.
This would keep you busy to an extent.
What utilities should you make arrangements for?
The tips below have some ideas:
- Subscribe to your television
- Buy enough fuel for the generator
- Pay electricity bills
- Ensure that your gas cylinder(s) is filled.
However, since your focus is on how to take care of your health during covid-19, don’t binge on this.
Just use them to relax and unwind.
8. Games and Craft Supplies
Are you a family head? Then your kids should be at home with you.
How long have you created time for them?
This is your opportunity!
If you often do, creating more time draws your kids out and strengthens your bond.
Grab this opportunity like it’s never going to cross your path again.
It is undeniable that your kids wouldn’t want to bargain for a boring stay;
You wouldn’t either.
So, what’s the way out? It is quite simple!
Keep yourself and your kids busy.
Preparation for Games and Craft Supplies
- Purchase Card Games, Boards, and more
- Design your own game
- Get Supplies for your hobbies to stay entertained
If you don’t have kids, this principle still applies to you.
If you stay alone, you could try online games, games on your system and phone.
Or you can connect with your friends.
9. Stay Connected
Another good fruit “stay home, stay safe” has produced is the ability to stay connected with friends and family.
When was the last time you heard from your extended family?
Do you often give the excuse of “I am busy” each time they nag that you’ve neglected them?
Will this not be a time to prove that honestly, you didn’t?
You already know some tools to get you to stay connected.
But you can find some that you might not have heard of in the next bullet points.
Apps that Help You Stay Connected
- Skype (Video Calls)
- Whatsapp (Text, call – Video and audio)
- Call and Text (if one of your relatives isn’t on the platform)
Some other applications might seem easy for you. Use them.
The goal is to stay connected!
It might be overwhelming to call all of them in a day.
Write down their names and plan each day you would want to hear from them.
10. Invest in Books
While reading news articles and other forms of articles are excellent, you should also invest in eBooks.
They are relatively free, and some are short and not so voluminous that it becomes boring.
They also come either as fiction and non-fiction.
There are also lots of books on Amazon that are relatively cheap, which you can purchase too.
- On your WhatsApp status, ask if anyone can recommend an eBook for you
- Search popular forums like Reddit, Quora, and Nairaland forum
- Ask some random friends too; they might have something useful to recommend
- Search Google (type the genre you desire and where you can get it free)
Essentials to Buy to Safeguard Your Health
Even though it is recommended that we purchase an alcohol-based sanitizer, you might not find it now.
The price would have gone high, or you end up getting the fake one.
Don’t stress yourself searching, and don’t waste your hard-earned money.
Use soap and water; they serve as an alternative.
Only purchase hand sanitizer if you can’t have access to soap and water when outdoors.
Interestingly, some complexes have made provisions for soap and water at their entrance.
Use either disposable face masks, Ankara face masks, or even face shields each time you go outdoors.
If you adhere to the order to stay at home, you wouldn’t need a nose mask.
Also, hoarding masks will lead to insufficiency, which, instead of containing the virus, will spread it further.
Always wash your face and hand and stay indoors.
Now that you have learned how to take care of your health during covid-19, you can tackle this pandemic effectively.
Yet, adhere to the instruction to stay indoors.
While we are ensuring that we are staying safe, we shouldn’t go through dull moments.
It is your responsibility to not only think about yourself but about others.
Thus, buy what you need!
For example, a few week’s worth of bathing soap will be excellent.
You wouldn’t need 3-4 month’s worth of Bathing soap. Think about others!
Save some for those who crave comfort too.
Finally, it must be noted that Covid-19 is fast spreading and evolving.
Thus, you will continuously need to read news and updates. But don’t binge.
To stay informed, always check the World Health Organization’s website for current events and your country’s center for disease control.
Just ensure you implement all the tips on how to take care of your health during covid-19.