You want tips on how to keep kitchen clean always? Fine! You see, responsible and diligent women work in the kitchen every day; this alone accounts for one of the reasons why most women find it challenging to keep up with a clean kitchen.
If keeping your kitchen spotless as a woman has been a tug of war, something you have to wrestle every week, then, here is a place to perch. Trust me; it’s a long productive read. For men, to keep a healthy personal hygiene, they mustn’t neglect this.
Before we go on, I’d love to start with a disclosure: I am a man. I do cooking a lot. I go months without stepping a restaurant. Truthfully, I am not an expert at kitchen cleaning. I have also wrestled with keeping my kitchen clean, but I’ve won the battle, and that’s why I’m delighted to write about this.
But you may wonder: Since he isn’t an expert, how am I to trust this? Firstly, before deciding to come up with this post, I’ve done extensive research. Secondly, I hope you remember what I said, “I’ve won the battle” as well. Therefore, what you will get is a mixture of detailed research and personal experience.
Maybe you are planning to scan through the text or not; I’d advise you pay closer attention to the tips on how to keep kitchen clean always that will follow each point.
They are essentially vital. In essence, each point comes with tips on how to clean a kitchen. Fasten your seat belt, let’s ride on!
Tips on How to Keep Kitchen Clean Always
1. Keep Your Kitchen Minimal
One of the tips on how to keep kitchen clean always is to keep your kitchen minimal. Take a look into your kitchen, is your counter housing many appliances, utensils, jars, and others?
I can tell you that you have so much on your counter that will make a clean kitchen challenging to achieve. It is vital to put all these away and arrange them in a cupboard. But does that sound extreme to you? Check these tips below:
- Start by clearing off the cabinet.
- Arrange items or appliances you use every day in the cupboard first.
- Find a place to keep heavy ones – it could be inside the store or somewhere you choose.
- Place cooking utensils (tongs, spoons, spatula,plates, etc.) alone on the counter or cabinet
- If you don’t have space for rarely used items, discard, dash or sell.
When your cabinet isn’t cluttered, you will attain more comfort in preparing for work. Then, it will limit the time you will spend on cleaning your kitchen instantly. Finally, the decision to discard, sell, or dash out rarely used items solely depends on what works for you.
2. Start With a Clean Kitchen
Sometimes ago, on dropping the ingredients that I want to prepare in the kitchen, what I do start with immediately is turning on the gas. But I’ve learned that it isn’t ideal. So, have the mindset that as you are entering the kitchen, the first thing to do is to clean the kitchen.
- Return things to their rightful place
- Sweep the kitchen
- Have the mindset to start work only when everywhere is clean
- Start your cooking
Starting with a clean kitchen will motivate you to keep the kitchen clean after each use because you will have less work to do.
If you are a mother and you have kids, to relieve you of the burden, tell your kids beforehand to keep the kitchen clean before you arrive home or before you come to the kitchen to start cooking. And if you want to embark on just light cleaning before you start cooking, read on.
3. Clean While You Are Waiting
Do you have any idea what this means? It’s fine that I’ve added it to one of the tips on how to keep kitchen clean always. Do you know that every chef will always have some free time?
How you utilize the free time is what this point is emphasizing. So how can you have a clean kitchen while you are waiting?
- When waiting for a pot of water to come to a boil or food to get cooked, clean.
- Put off cooking utensils that you are done with, wash and return to their original position.
- Start washing if you have dirty dishes.
- Clean up spill immediately.
Don’t stand around, don’t go and sit back in the lounge watching movie or pressing your phone. If one of your kids is with you, let her do the little cleaning.
If you can make good use of those in-between times of cooking, you will be thrilled at how straightforward cleaning your kitchen will be.
4. Clean The Kitchen as You go
This is also an amazing tips on how to keep kitchen clean always. Aside from used items like plates and utensils that you should wash as you go. It is an ideal move to return each appliance to its actual place. So, do not leave things that aren’t meant to be on your counter on the counter.
- Only return when you know there wouldn’t be a need for use.
- Clean the cabinets so you will be able to return appliances to the cupboard.
- While returning, be sure to place them back to their ideal place.
If you are attending to many duties, then you can ask either your husband (do it politely) or your kids to help you out. Don’t forget to make use of the word “please” if you want you need help.
Well, there is one excellent tip on how to keep kitchen clean always, the final one!
5. Invest in a Trash Bowl
It’s not hygienic to leave thrash littered on the counter. But when you don’t have a Trash can, the floor, and the cabinet might turn out to be one, thus leaving your kitchen unkempt. To have a clean kitchen on this point, do the following:
- Peel directly inside the bowl
- Keep the thrash bowl on the cabinet as you cook
- Wipe spill inside it
- Dispose off as soon as it gets filled up
A thrash bowl isn’t the same as a dustbin. The function of a thrash bowl is to collect fresh thrash, so you can collectively pour them inside the dustbin. Of course, your house should have a dustbin outside the home.
6. Keep a Place For Everything
Do you know what this means? It means that you should have tags for things, so you won’t have to misplace things or move items away from their rightful place. To attain simplicity, these are things that need to be done.
- You can keep a plate for things that don’t need refrigeration
- Keep utensils on one end of the kitchen
- Label each spot in the cupboard to keep each item
Teach this to your kids and everyone around you, so you don’t start yelling about how your kitchen is messed up. Lead by example!
7. Have Specific Time And Date for Things
Everyone forgets things. But there is power in having a to-do-list. When you do, you will remember. However, you might consider not to add some to your list.
But for the sake of your family members, like kids and friends that will use the kitchen, reading this schedule might gear them up to prioritize on a clean kitchen. What should you add in your list?
- Wash plates and pots immediately after cooking and eating dinner so you can wake up to a clean kitchen.
- Sweep the floor every morning and before you start cooking
- Clean the burner quickly after cooking
- Have set dates for more detailed cleaning- during weekends or at the end of the month.
- Comprehensive cleaning could include washing of the windowpane, mopping the floor, the walls, and others.
If you have kids, don’t hesitate to assign dish washing duties and explain how it is to be done. If you don’t have, design a schedule that is flexible and fit for you.
So there you have it! Excellent tips on how to keep kitchen clean always. You now know how to organize a kitchen and how to clean a kitchen daily.
I’m pretty sure these tips will inspire you always to ensure that you keep your kitchen clean and neat. They are easy to learn. Moreover, if you have any tips you’d love to tell the world, feel free to use this comment section to reveal that.