You probably have read many articles about health and fitness.
So, why do you want to read this piece?
Looking to learn something new? I sure won’t disappoint you!
This is 2023, and in this article, I’d like to share some quick and essential tips for good health and fitness.
My approach is different—I won’t only tell you what to do, I’ll show you how to do it!
Below are six tips for good health and fitness and realistic ways to practice them.
6 Tips for Good Health and Fitness to Practice
1. Hydrate Properly
Staying hydrated isn’t only beneficial for your brain.
It prevents dry mouth, enhances cardiovascular health, and keeps skin supple.
That’s a lot to gain from drinking water. Okay, how do you stay hydrated?
- When you wake up in the morning, reach out for a glass cup of water before anything else.
- Thirty minutes before and after your meal, drink a cup of water.
- During the day, drink water; whether you are doing strenuous work or not.
- Target drinking a minimum of eight glass cups of water each day. (7-8 Sachet of water)
- On sunny days, take more.
Hint: Purchase a quality calibrated water bottle and keep it close to you—when working and when going to bed!
2. Don’t Sit for Too Long
The U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics released a report. It says:
“Jobs that require standing or walking are 61.0%, while 39.0% are jobs that require sitting.”
Does your job make you sit for a prolonged time?
You are running a high risk of health issues.
A sedentary lifestyle hurts the heart, shortens life, and increases the chance of diabetes.
You don’t have to quit your job! After all, I don’t have one to offer you.
But here are practical tips for you:
- Take a stroll around the office (It’s applicable if you work from home too)
- Touch your toes often, stand up, and stretch a couple of times a day.
- When you are receiving or making a call, stand up.
- After lunch at noon, walk for a few minutes.
- During weekends, enjoy outdoor activities.
Bottom line: Don’t toil with these tips if your profession requires sitting for long. Embrace them and apply them.
3. Watch Your Calories
Calories aren’t bad for your health. They are good!
But when consumed in excess, it can mean danger. Do you want to make healthier choices?
Be conscious of what you eat! Taking too many calories will lead to stress on your body.
It can increase your risk of type 2 diabetes, cancers, and heart disease.
Here are tips for you:
- Use MyfitnessPal to track your calories − your intake − and set weight loss goals.
- Avoid foods high in fat and sugar.
- Make Calories Intake Equal to calorie output.
Bottom line: Use the calories counter often; it helps you keep track of your calorie intake.
If you own a smartphone, use MyfitnessPal.
It is easy to use and self-explanatory for both old and young.
Also, Read about the Health Benefits of Unripe Plantain You Didn’t Know
4. Incorporate a Good Sleeping Habit
Do you sleep fewer than 7 hours?
You are setting yourself for a truckload of health issues.
These range from stroke, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, and depression.
I’ve got you impressive tips for good health and fitness on this:
- Go to bed at the same time every night, weekends inclusive.
- Turn off all electronic gadgets before bedtime.
- If you find it hard to sleep early, read a book until you fall asleep.
- Don’t eat 2 hours before sleep time.
Bottom line: Get quality sleep, nothing less than 7 hours each day.
If you do this today, the benefit awaits you tomorrow.
5. Eat Healthily
One of the tips for good health and fitness is consuming healthy food.
Are you a regular fan of quickie-mart? Do you regularly invest in junk?
You are indirectly increasing your consumption of fat and calories.
Here is something to practice:
- Instead of taking juice, sugar, or soda, drink water.
- Eat more fruits; start with the readily available ones. Ensure you consume more fruits at least twice a week.
- Don’t take whole milk. Feed on non-fat milk
- Cook at home instead of buying outside.
Bottom line. Plan a cooking time and stick to it.
Fill your house with raw food and cook regularly.
Substitute Maggi with natural seasonings.
If you aren’t good at cooking, learn or hire someone to help you.
When you cook food yourself, you save money and needless expenses.
Read Also on best hygiene tips for guys.
6. Regular Exercise
Yes, this is our final tip for good health and fitness.
When you exercise, your muscles work, and you burn calories.
Regular exercise can make you feel happier.
It aids in weight loss, reduces the risk of chronic diseases, and helps the brain and memory.
Below are simple ways to adopt an excellent exercise routine.
- Add ‘Regular exercise’ to your to-do list.
- Make it flexible. Each week, review your activities and fix a convenient time.
- Set reminders.
- Prepare your gears ahead. It will motivate you.
- Invite close friends.
- Don’t overdo it. When you are tired, relax and go home.
- You don’t have to leave your home.
Work at these tips for good health and fitness discussed.
Here is a bitter truth: It requires self-discipline!
Here is a secret: I still haven’t incorporated all these tips, but I’ve mastered four out of six. Please give me my trophy! Lol
Why should you be intentional about these tips? Your health is worth more than any money you could ever have.
At first, it might be hard. But over time, you will get adapted to this pattern.
You’d even want to look for more ways to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
I hope to hear you say in the future:
“I’m delighted I tried all I could to lead a healthy life.”
Do you have contributions or questions to ask?
Using the comment section is straightforward.
Your points will be favorably addressed!
Featured Image: Fotorech
Image 1: KrysMantovani
Image 2: 926663
Image 3: Ulleo
Image 4: Engin_Akyurt
Image 5: Lumix2004
Image 6: AndrzejRembowski
13 thoughts on “6 Tips for Good Health and Fitness 2023”
I need this!
When I read the first step, I carried my Bottle and drank water.
When I read the fifth step, i smiled, because I’ve been able to replaced magi with crayfish, locus beans, powdered ginger and garlic.
Thank you so much tomvad!
Amazing! I did love this comment.
This is nice??. I will try more water?
Awesome,even though, it’s easier said than practice especially for the lazy people who are not ready to change old practices.
Love you brother ?????