Coronavirus is dreaded by young and old!
There is currently a mixing of facts with rumors regarding the virus and how to stay safe.
How did we know this?
A recent news headline read:
“Coronavirus misinformation is spreading faster than the outbreak.”
With the outspread of the misinformation, intelligent folks are keen to understand the truth.
And, more importantly, how to stay free and healthy.
The aim of this article isn’t to explicitly discuss Coronavirus.
I’ll be analyzing five significant clues on how to protect yourself from coronavirus.
- How to Protect Yourself from Coronavirus with these 5 Ideas
- Other Additional Tips on How to Protect Yourself from COVID-19
- Protecting Yourself from Coronavirus During Travels
- How to Protect Yourself from Coronavirus When on a Cruise Ship
- Will it be Fine to stay in the UK?
- Facts About Coronavirus
- Final Thoughts
How to Protect Yourself from Coronavirus with these 5 Ideas
1. Air Contact
When an infected person sneezes or coughs, the air becomes contaminated with the virus.
It can be transmitted to an uninfected person who comes in contact with it.
- Cover your mouth and nose when somebody sneezes beside you.
- Avoid staying in overcrowded places for now.
- Stand at least 1.5 meters ( 5 feet) away from people who are coughing, sneezing, or have a fever.
- If you sneeze or cough, be kind to stand up from people and cover your mouth.
2. Person to Person Contact
A possible means of contracting the virus is by touching and shaking hands with an infected person.
Here is a way out on how to protect yourself from coronavirus via person to person contact:
- Avoid close contact with infected persons
- Since you might not always know who is infected or not, you may want to adopt waving as a form of greeting for now. That’s funny, but that’s practical
- Wash frequently hands with either soap and water or alcohol-based disinfectant solutions
- Restrain from visiting places with reported cases of the virus.
- Stay informed on the current development of Coronavirus via official channels in your Country
3. Object Contact
Contact with a contaminated object or surface may also transmit the virus.
Especially by touching your nose, eyes, or mouth after touching a contaminated surface.
- Wash hands after touching public objects or surfaces.
- Before use, always Clean public tables and chairs with a napkin
- Always walk with tissue paper so you can clean objects with it.
- Dispose of used tissue paper immediately and appropriately.
Also Check How to Shop Safely During Coronavirus: 6 Safety Tips
4. Fecal Contamination
Although this occurs only in rare cases.
However, there is a possibility of contacting Coronavirus via contact with feces.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after using the toilet.
- Be selective when it comes to using public toilets.
5. Animal Contact
Being zoonotic, coronaviruses can spread through contact with an infected animal.
- Please avoid contact with animals and their waste products.
- If the above tip does not seem possible to you, ensure to wash hands with soap and water after any contact with animals.
- If possible, limit how often you visit animal markets.
- Cook meat and eggs thoroughly.
- Avoid consuming sick animals and those who died of diseases.
Other Additional Tips on How to Protect Yourself from COVID-19
- Always keep your throat and mouth moist
- Always drink water every 15 – 30 minutes
Were these tips on how to protect yourself from coronavirus entirely new to you?
In all sincerity, some of them might not be new to you.
So what point am I making?
Practicing personal hygiene is the first and reliable way to stay safe from any deadly virus.
As you add to your knowledge, you will be glad to understand specific caution to take with another virus.
But we aren’t done yet.
Have you traveled abroad, or are you planning to?
The subheading discusses how to protect yourself from coronavirus during travels.
These two parts will interest you!
Protecting Yourself from Coronavirus During Travels
Currently, Coronavirus cases are being confirmed in Italy, the United States, and other countries.
The widespread of this virus has created a lot of anxiety about Holidays.
Many raised concerns about what they can do if their flight is canceled.
Others are concerned about where they are traveling to.
Truth is, Coronavirus symptoms are the same everywhere!
The new Coronavirus might not show up for many days.
The latest information has shown that the incubation period is 28 days.
After that, a person starts to experience the coronavirus symptoms or COVID 19.
Sadly, when a person has a fever or cough, the lungs would have been 50% Fibrosis.
And at this stage, it’s fatal.
Nevertheless, it’s good to go for a medical test to confirm your status.
Well, this subheading is presented to answer some of the FAQs concerning travel.
The following are tips to protect yourself from coronavirus during travels.
- Book flight with trustworthy and established companies.
- You can also book with businesses that offer a reasonable degree of protection.
- Get travel insurance
- The Foreign and Commonwealth Office rolls out updates on travel advice for various countries every day, so don’t neglect to check them. Just like they did in China’s case, whenever a situation in a country deteriorates, there will be a change in advice by this firm.
- Seek the advice health authorities are giving to local people and apply it.
- Confirm if the FCO Foreign and Commonwealth Office has any update.
- If you get quarantined after returning to your country, stay-at-home, and self isolate yourself to avoid the outbreak of COVID-19.
- If the FCO changes its advice regarding your destinations before the trip, specifically emphasizing that you shouldn’t travel, your travel company must speak with you outlining options available.
- If only some specific parts are affected, you would be presented with an alternative. But you’re not under obligation to obtain a full refund.
- If there will still be some time, tour operators would wait before offering refunds.
- If the Foreign Office does not advise against travel, do not expect compensation if you decide not to go.
Are You 65-year-old or Older, and You Want to Travel?
Here is a tip for you:
- Schedule your trip until Coronavirus subsides
Claiming Your Insurance
Your insurance policy will decide if you will be able to claim insurance.
How to go about that:
- Find a policy that will cover you in a situation where you think will likely happen.
- Contact your tour operator or accommodation provider immediately, and you notice a change in the situation.
Travel insurance differs.
However, travel disruption cover or cancellation cover is linked to the advice from FCO.
Whatever the case may be, the travel providers or the airlines must be the initial port of call to claim refunds.
Also Read on How to Self Isolate with Family at Home: 4 Great Tips
How to Protect Yourself from Coronavirus When on a Cruise Ship
Aboard the Diamond Princess Ship, within a two-week duration, 690 individuals were tested positive for COVID-19.
Further research from scientists has proven that that ship could be an incubator for the virus.
The cruise ship company said caution had been taken to prevent other cruises.
The Cruise Lines International Association has issued a report:
“In conjunction with cruise lines, regulators and medical experts will pay closer attention to new information regarding the Coronavirus.”
They insisted that policies will be modified accordingly with the primary concern for passengers and the crew’s health.
It should be noted that the cruise industry is one of the most experienced.
It is equipped with the monitoring and managing the health concerns of those on board.
They have response measures and outbreak prevention.
That’s one of the reasons why with its strict rules, the CLIA and its members do not find the idea of restricting ship movements justifiable.
Will it be Fine to stay in the UK?
Do you want to change your holiday plans because of Coronavirus in the US?
It is still very uncertain whether booking a holiday in the UK will be safer.
Some schools have been closed in the UK where Coronavirus has been suspected.
UK authorities have stressed that it will be very early to ascertain that Coronavirus impacts bookings in the UK.
But, they have admitted that it could have.
Conclusively, no one can confidently predict what will be the aftermath of this terrible epidemic.
However, if you are booking a holiday and have concerns about Coronavirus abroad;
You will be glad to ponder these tips on Coronavirus and make an informed decision.
Facts About Coronavirus
This section might not cover up all the existing facts about Coronavirus.
But we’ve carefully researched it. It will highlight the most essential and vital ones.
Those everyone needs to learn and read about.
1. Coronaviruses are zoonotic.
That is, they can be transmitted between humans and animals.
Transmission is also possible between humans.
2. The Novel Coronavirus (CoV) exhibits symptoms that vary from person to person.
3. The virus may not show symptoms until after two to fourteen days of contact.
4. There is no currently available vaccine for now;
Although there are now means for early detection and treatment at an early stage.
5. Vaccines against influenza, pneumonia, or flu do not protect against it.
6. There are no indications of garlic helping to fight the virus.
7. Novel Coronavirus alone has infected above 17,000 people worldwide.
8. The use of facemasks by infected ones can help prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
It is also recommended for use by health workers or others in charge of infected patients.
9. Symptoms of the virus include fever, cough, and difficulty in breathing.
10. The virus is currently in Nigeria.
Coronaviruses are a large group of viruses that cause various illnesses.
These range from cold to severe diseases like Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
The recent outbreak is a new strain known as Novel Coronavirus (nCoV).
With so much going on in our lives, getting infected with a pandemic with currently no cure would be such a terrible occurrence.
Kindly apply the practical tips above.
They would go a long way in helping you keep free from this deadly plague!
And of course, do well to share with others if you find them helpful.
Stay healthy and positively impact lives, not injure them.
Note: Not much research has been done by scientists on human Coronavirus transmission from one person to another.
This article is based on the currently limited available data on the virus.
2 thoughts on “How to Protect Yourself from Coronavirus: 5 Unique Tips”
Very informative thanks
MR Jude, Thanks!