We all desire good health. In fact, that is one of the reasons you are here.
However, here is a question for you:
How often do you read fitness tips that only tell you what to do and not show you how to do it?
Often, right? There is good news!
Below are six tips for good health and fitness and realistic ways to practice it.
6 Tips for Good Health and Fitness to Practice
Staying hydrated isn’t only beneficial for your brain.
It prevents dry mouth, enhances cardiovascular health, and keeps skin supple.
Wow! A whole lot to gain from drinking water, isn’t it?
So, how do you keep up with staying hydrated?
- When you wake up in the morning, before anything else, reach out for a glass cup of water.
- Before your meal, thirty minutes to the time, drink a cup of water. Thirty minutes after, drink water too.
- During the day, drink water; either you are doing strenuous work or not.
- Target drinking a minimum of eight glass cups of water each day.
- On sunny days, take more.
Hint: Purchase a quality water bottle, always keep it close to you.
Fill it with water.
When working, keep it on your desk or beside it.
When going to bed, place it by the bedside.
2. Don’t Sit for Too Long
The U.S Bureau of Labor and Statistics released a report. It says:
“Jobs that require standing or walking are 61.0%, while 39.0% are jobs that require sitting.”
Does your job requires sitting for a prolonged period?
You are running a high risk of health issues.
It hurts your heart, shortens your life, and increases your chance of having diabetes.
Does that mean you should switch jobs? No! After all, I don’t have one to offer you.
Nevertheless, there are practical tips for you!
- Take a stroll around the office (it’s applicable if you work from home too)
- Touch your toes often, stand up, and stretch a couple of times a day.
- When you are receiving or making a call, stand up.
- After lunch at noon, walk a few minutes.
- During weekends, enjoy outdoor activities; that way, you will not be lured to sit for long.
Bottom line: If your profession requires sitting for long, don’t toil with these tips.
Embrace them and apply them.
3. Watch Your Calories
Calories aren’t bad for your health. They are good!
But when consumed in excess, it can mean danger. Do you want to make healthier choices?
Be conscious of what you eat!
Taking too many calories will lead to stress on your body.
It can increase your risk of type 2 diabetes, cancers, and heart diseases.
Here are tips for you!
- Use MyfitnessPal to track your calories−your intake and set weight loss goals.
- Shun Foods that are high in fat and sugar.
- Make Calories Intake Equal calorie output.
Bottom line: Use calories counter often; it helps you keep track of your calorie intake.
If you own a smartphone, use MyfitnessPal.
It is easy to use and self-explanatory for both old and young.
Also Read on Health Benefits of Unripe Plantain You Didn’t Know
4. Incorporate a Good Sleeping Habit
Do you sleep fewer than 7 hours?
You are setting yourself for a truckload of health issues.
These range from stroke, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart diseases, and depression.
I’ve got you impressive tips for good health and fitness on this!
- Admit that health is wealth.
- Practice going to bed the same time every night, weekends inclusive.
- Turn off all electronic gadget before bedtime
- If you find it hard to sleep early, read a book until you fall asleep.
- Don’t eat 2 hours before sleep time.
Bottom line: Ensure that you get quality sleep, nothing less than 7 hours each day.
The fact is, if you do this today, the benefit awaits you tomorrow.
One of the tips for good health and fitness is eating healthy.
Are you a regular fan of quickie-mart? Or do you regularly invest in junks?
Then, you are indirectly increasing your consumption of fat and calories.
Here something to practice:
- Instead of taking juice, sugar, or soda, drink water.
- Eat more fruits; start with the readily available ones. Ensure you consume more fruits at least twice a week.
- Don’t take whole milk. Feed on non-fat milk
- Cook at home instead of buying outside.
Bottom line. Plan a cooking time and stick to it.
Fill your house with foodstuff and cook regularly.
Substitute Maggi with natural seasonings.
If you aren’t good at cooking, learn or hire someone to help you.
When you cook food yourself, you are saving money and needless expenses.
Read Also on best hygiene tips for guys
6. Regular Exercise
Yes, the last tips for good health and fitness.
When you exercise, your muscles work and you burn calories.
Regular exercise can make you feel happier.
It aids in weight loss, reduces the risk of chronic diseases, and helps the brain and memory.
Below are simple ways to adopt an excellent exercise routine.
- Add ‘Regular exercise’ to your to-do list.
- Make it flexible. Each week, review your activities and fix the day it will be convenient for you.
- Set a reminder a day to the picked day.
- Prepare your gears ahead. It will motivate you.
- If you have close friends around, invite them.
- Don’t overdo. When you are tired, relax and go home.
- You can use your compound for the exercise if you don’t have the fund to leave your vicinity.
You should work at these tips for good health and fitness discussed.
I hope you know that it requires self-discipline.
Additionally, you must admit that your health is worth more than any money you could ever have.
At first, it might seem not very easy.
But over time, you will get adapted to this pattern.
You’d even want to look for more ways to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
I hope to hear you say in the future that:
“I’m delighted I tried all I could to lead a healthy life.”
Do you have contributions or questions to ask?
Using the comment section is easy and straightforward.
Your points will be favorably addressed!