Before I go into details about male personal hygiene tips, let me ask you this: Have you sometimes sat beside a male folk whose body oozes so bad?
How about a young guy with a suffocating mouth odor? Nice experiences you’ll say? The answer is obvious. But what if that person is you? Sad huh? I know.
Naturally, a perfect little scent is excellent, because your body isn’t odorless, however, when that ideal scent or fragrance starts to irritate people and to scare them away, then, you have a problem to solve, and you can solve it.
Okay, you might say, that’s for the body and mouth. Alright, how about your general well being, your room, toilet, kitchen and the clothes that you wear?
Now, take a trip back to your house. What do you see? How would you describe yourself? On a scale of 1-10, where do you fall? Come back home.
This article isn’t written to judge you. I used those above to help you peer into what you are.
Well, it’s unfortunate that it takes real courage for someone to meet you and say, “Hey, your body oozes,” or probably ask you “don’t you think you have mouth odor?” Or tell you, “you are dirty.”
The fact that most people wouldn’t tell you that your natural scent has turned sour mandates that you give careful considerations to your hygiene.
If for quite a long time you’ve not gotten a firm grip of your hygiene, or you want a concise and straightforward routine to keep you right on track, the following male personal hygiene tips are quite essential.
Male Personal Hygiene Tips: Part 1
1. Change Underwear Daily
This is the first essential thing to note when it comes to male personal hygiene tips. Underwear for men includes briefs, boxer shorts, and trunks. Additionally, sleeveless shirts, also identified as undershirt or singlet, are also worn by men as underwear.
Underwear generally, is known to get dirty quickly, and when not cared for, it can start to give off an unpleasant odor. These are what you can do to avoid that.
Tips on How to Change Underwear Daily
- Buy more than one boxer shorts: Minimum of five. If time permits, wash them every day, if you can’t, wash them every week. Ensure that you don’t wear one brief or boxer short more than a day before you wash.
- Buy more than one undershirt or singlet: Minimum of six. Wear one per day. Resist the urge to wear one for two days. If the colors are white, soak with bleach before you wash (it saves time and stress, and you can be guaranteed of sparkling white.)
- Buy more than one socks: Minimum of three. After each use, spread out in the sun. It will be helpful to wear each once, but if you can’t, then at most, twice. But be sure to spread out in the sun first before wearing again.
If you have all these already, then stick to these patterns and enjoy freshness and retainment of pleasant fragrance. If you are considering cost, start saving now and add it to your budget.
Also, use stain removal before you wash. Whatever you do to protect you from embarrassment well worths it. Top of it, you deserve excellent hygiene.
2. Bath Regularly
Another important aspect of our male personal hygiene tips is bathing regularly. One of the good motives of bathing is personal hygiene. It washes off dead skin cells, dirt, limit the spread of diseases, and gets rids of body odor. What is needed to have a good bath?
Tips on How to Bath Regularly
- Wash With Soap: Each morning, before leaving for work, bath with soap.
- Apply Sponge: While you may use your hands and soap to wash some part of your body, address pubic hairs, underarm hairs and other hidden parts of the body with sponge.
- Rinse Your Body Well: You will need enough water to do this.
- Brush Hair First: Before you get your hair wet, brush it first.
- Apply Lotion Immediately After Bathing: Don’t wait a long time before you apply lotion. Do it immediately after you take your bath.
- Care For Your Heel: Don’t entertain a cracked or dirty heel. Use pumice stone as appropriate to smoothen your heel and get rid of dirt.
- Cut Your Nails: Soak your fingernails and toenails in water before you trim. Use nail clippers for even trimming.
Regularly wash your towel, don’t go a month without washing, then if you have access to warm water, that will be cool for your face.
3. Keep a Fresh Breath
To improve your breath and keep your teeth and gum healthy doesn’t require Herculean tasks. It is pretty easy!
Tips on How to Keep a Fresh Breath
- Brush and Rinse Regularly: Brush twice a day. Floss at least once. Use mouthwash to get rid of bacteria. When you brush, always scrape your tongue.
- Stay Off Food That Sour Your Breath: Onions and garlic are typical examples. If you must eat, let it be when you have returned home in the evening. Don’t eat before leaving home for work or to see a friend.
- Chew Sugarless Gum: Chewing sugarless gum produces saliva for the mouth, which is a natural defense for dry mouth, plaque acid, and mouth odor.
- Take Mints During The day: It enhances fresh breath.
- Drink Plenty of Water: Drinking water keeps your mouth moist and discourages mouth odor.
Don’t take tobacco. Don’t brush too hard. Always walk with mint, and use it when you have the feeling that your mouth is dry. Always frown at dry mouths. See a doctor if your condition doesn’t change and if you want to get rid of plaque by scaling.
Note: For the removal of plaque some use blades. If you’re going to use that, be extra careful.
4. Keep Your Room Clean
The final point on part one of the male personal hygiene tips is keeping your room clean. A clean room can make you feel relaxed. It makes you organized, keeps your clothes neat and arranged, and gives your room a pleasant scent.
But if it seems hard to do, below are what can help.
Tips on How to Keep Your Room Clean
- Pick Things up: Pick up clothes from the floor, take out garbage, clear off plates and utensils, and clean your desk.
- Keep Clothes Separate: Keep Worn clothes separate from washed and ironed clothes. That might demand that you have different places for keeping clothes. One for keeping washed clothes, one for keeping ironed clothes, and the last one for worn clothes.
- Sweep Your Room Every day: Doing this will help you return things to their rightful place and get to arrange your room once again.
- Make Your Bed Every morning: Make it an attitude to make your bed every morning as you stand up.
- Hang Clothes: Hang worn clothes separate from others. Put dirty clothes inside the laundry basket. If you don’t have now, purchase one.
- Arrange Your Shoes Neatly: You might need to clean your shoes before you take them inside your room. Then arrange them in a shoe rack neatly.
- Get Rid of Clutter: Identify stuff you rarely use and get rid of them.
- Return Things to Their Rightful Spot: This requires self-discipline. But it makes sense when you learn the habit of returning things where you picked them from; you can learn to be organized.
- Iron Clothes After Washing: After packing your washed clothes in, arrange to press. Make a stable arrangement and stick to it.
- Develop Reasonable Cleaning Habits: Each day, make a list of daily chores. Before you reach out for your phone, write down a to-do-list of duties you need to do. More to the point, design a weekly routine.
- Do laundry When it’s Full: Don’t pile up dirty clothes for weeks. Wash clothes every week.
- Keep garbage Can: Keep a garbage bin in your room for housing litters. But don’t throw moist trash in it. When it’s full, take it out.
Don’t put off cleaning. Always add ironing to your weekly routine, so you ’won’t have to wear squeezed clothes. Use room fresheners if you aren’t allergic to it. If you have lapses, pick up and stick to your routine. Have a jotter or note pad for weekly chores. And finally, set a reminder.
Now let’s get on with the other male personal hygiene tips to help you maintain good personal hygiene.
Male Personal Hygiene Tips: PART II
When will you love to apply principles found in part I of the male personal hygiene tips? I leave you to answer that question.
Now let’s get on with the other things you can do to maintain good personal hygiene.
1. Keep a Clean Beard or Clean Shave
Neatly trimmed beard and a complete-shaved beard can enhance your look. That is one reason it’s making our list of the male personal hygiene tips. Have you ever looked at yourself after doing any of these? A fine boy, you will say, right? Great! Below are ways to keep up and stay fresh.
Tips on how to keep a Clean Shave
- Buy Shaving Sticks in Pack or a Clipper: If your skin doesn’t react to the use of shaving sticks. By in pack, it’s cheaper that way. If your skin reacts, get a clipper.
– For a clean shave, you don’t need an expert.
– For a styled trimming, you might need the service of a Barber. Don’t hesitate to do it.
- Fix a Date: Fix a day you will always trim or shave and stick to it. If you do, your facial hair will not grow beyond your desired look.
- Prepare Your Beard For Shaving: Splash some water on your face. It keeps your beard warm and wet. Use a towel to pat after.
- Shave: Place a mirror in front of you. Start gradual, and don’t be hard on your skin. Use a small towel to clean so you can see areas you haven’t shaved. Wash off with soap when you are done. Apply olive oil or any other ointment for relaxation.
If you are visiting a Barber, go with your clipper. If you must use the one provided at a barbers’ shop, make sure it is being sanitized. Before you leave for a salon, wash your face, when you are back, do the same with soap and water, then apply oil.
2. Shave Your Private Parts
Shaving is one of the male personal hygiene tips that must be practiced. Underarm hairs and hairs do not need to be shaved clean, aside from the discomfort that might result from that, it has health implications. Thus, follow these process:
Tips on how to Shave Your Private Parts
- Soak First: Before you trim your underarm hair and pubic hair, wet first.
- Use Shaving Stick For Pubic Hair
- Wash With Soap And Water: Thoroughly wash with soap and water when you are done.
- Use Powders: Sprinkle a little bit of powder to keep your arm fresh and enhance the excellent scent.
Avoid a clean shave. Be careful to avoid cuts.
3. Learn to Walk with Handkerchief
Handkerchiefs have their intended use. However, besides those intended use, male folks can use it to clean face and hands. It can also serve as protection from dust. How does using Handkerchief enhance your personal hygiene as a guy?
Tips on how to use Handkerchief
- Buy More Than One Handkerchief: A minimum of 3 is excellent. Then wash them every day. To make it easier, take them alongside you as you take your bath.
- Use For Picking Nose and Cleaning Face Often: Your Handkerchief can save you from picking nose. When you have the drive to pick your nose, use your handkerchief.
- Clean Your face Often: Using Handkerchief will help clean off excess dirt and oil. It is a substitute if you can’t wash your face during the day.
Don’t purchase hard handkerchiefs. Invest in soft tissues that wouldn’t be hard on your skin.
4. Keep Your Kitchen Clean
A clean kitchen enhances your lifestyle in so many positive ways. It speeds up how you cook, thus saving time and energy. This part is mainly for guys who cook. And the advice will be limited since it’s targeting guys. If you rarely cook, you can still take home some points.
Tips on how to keep Your Kitchen Clean
- Stay Minimal: Sell stuff you rarely use. And Keep things you can’t do without
- Clean While You Wait: While you are waiting for a pot to come to a boil, use that time wisely, clean the dishes in the zinc and return things you wouldn’t need, clean spills and used utensils.
- Wash Your Plates Immediately: After each meal, wash your plates. To make it easier, prepare soap in a bowl, so when you are done eating, you wash straightaway.
This tip is excellent for students and single men who use the kitchen often. If you are a married man, you might wish to relieve your wife’s duty by washing your plates after each meal. Though, it might be done occasionally; it strengthens bond and love.
5. Your Toilet and Bathroom Deserves Attention
A dirty toilet doesn’t complete your quest to be clean and embrace good personal hygiene. That’s why we are capping this list of male personal hygiene tips with this point. Do you tiptoe or walk comfortably in your bathroom? Whatever the case is, these are what shouldn’t escape the process of keeping it clean
Tips on how to Give Attention to Your Toilet
- Use Bathroom Slippers: Indeed, a bathroom slippers prevents slippery and prevent your foot from getting wet. But additionally, it prevents you from staining the toilet.
- Use Cloth: Should you detest slippers in the bathroom, put a cloth on the floor to wipe off your feet.
- Wash your Toilet Weekly: You can do a light wash every weekend. Scrub the floor with a brush. Wash the closet and the bathtub with a bleach.
- Do Thorough Washing Every Month: Once in a month, wash your bathroom and toilet. You will gladly see that your weekly cleaning will pay off here.
- Wash Hand After Use: After using the toilet, don’t forget to use soap and water to wash your hand thoroughly.
If it is a shared toilet, don’t hesitate to meet the other person, speak with him, and schedule how you wish to carry out cleaning exercise. Then both of you should agree on what you can do to enhance the cleanliness of your toilet and bathroom using the above options mentioned.
Promise fulfilled! A comprehensive list of male personal hygiene tips! What can we conclude?
Undeniably, you will agree that changing your underwear, maintaining fresh breaths, bathing regularly, and keeping your room clean will enhance your hygiene. When it comes to male personal hygiene tips, every male must pay careful attention to it.
Granted, though, if you do all these, you will surely stay fresh always and neat, and you might not need to invest in expensive perfumes to cover up oozing body or clothes.
Nevertheless, if you still wish to invest in a quality perfume after applying all these tips, it will be cool to put others in your surroundings into consideration, choose one that would not be offensive, thus ruining your effort to stay fresh and crisp.
Further, if you wouldn’t mind using a body spray or a Roll-on Deodorant, be sure you know its maker, and it comes with no side effect. Read labels of powder before use to confirm if there won’t be skin irritation.
Who can you share this male personal hygiene tips with? You can share it with them right away by clicking the share button.