Tips on how to maintain clothes in this article are easy to comprehend.
However, do you change your wardrobe weekly, monthly, or yearly?
It’s quite challenging to do a complete revamp of the wardrobe if you are like many.
They have no fixed time, so they only add a few clothes when they have funds to spare.
If this describes you, it’s best to maintain these present ones you have.
If you change clothes often, a little maintenance isn’t a bad idea at all!
No matter how much or often you spend on clothes, it is vital to consider maintaining your clothes.
To keep you right on track, this article will consider ten practical tips on how to maintain clothes.
10 Stunning Tips on How to Maintain Clothes
1. Fold Clothes Appropriately
Clothes should be folded along the seams.
Doing so not only maintains the shape of the cloth but also prevents unwanted creases.
That way, you can grab on a dress to wear without fear of it being rough.
- Schedule to fold clothes at a relaxing time and not when you are in a rush.
2. Wash Clothes the Right Way
It is vital to wash clothes in the right way.
Clothes differ in size, texture, and style, and so do their washing methods.
Most clothes come with washing instructions on their tags.
If you stick to these instructions, it will go a long way in maintaining your clothes.
- Turn jeans and other dark clothing inside-out before washing.
- Wash clothes in groups based on color.
- Wash clothes less frequently.
Also Check on 9 Best Hygiene Tips for Guys: Learn it the Simple Way
3. Learn Basic Repairs
Missing buttons, loose seams, worn-out zips might be inevitable sometimes.
Learning to restore clothes to good condition after such minor problems are great.
It will save you some bucks and adds to its longevity.
- Get a simple sewing kit.
- Watch online videos that teach necessary repairs.
4. Iron Appropriately
Ironed clothes look good and, of course, neat.
Ironing, however, puts clothes at risk of being burnt or becoming yellow.
Like washing, clothes have to be ironed appropriately.
- Use the correct heat level for clothes (check label you will find it)
- Use steamers in place of irons.
5. Don’t Use Harsh Chemicals
Most detergents contain harsh chemicals that can shrink, fade, and damage clothes.
Such harsh chemicals also have adverse health effects.
- Use as little detergent as possible.
- Read labels before buying a soap.
- Preferably use a bar or liquid soaps.
6. Dry Clothes Effectively
Not everyone is aware that not all clothes may be dried in a dryer.
It wears clothes quickly!
Interestingly, cloth tags often contain this information to guide you in treating your clothes right.
- Read cloth labels before drying.
- Invest in a clothesline or clothes rack; it doesn’t cost much, but it would save you a lot of money.
Simple as it may sound, practicing good hygiene goes a long way in preserving your clothes.
It keeps clothes clean and in better condition.
- Bathe daily.
- Wear deodorant.
- Wear proper underwear.
Also Read on 20 Incredible Personal Hygiene Tips
8. Plan Your Outfit According to Your Outings
Wearing the right clothes for the right even is essential.
For example, if you know a friend’s wedding anniversary is likely to get messy with drinks, what should you do?
It would be a bad idea to wear your expensive suit or your costly lace gown to that occasion.
- Plan your outfits ahead of an event.
- Avoid the trap of showing off your expensive clothes at every opportunity.
9. Dress After Your Hair and Makeup
Research shows that Men’s clothing appears neater than Women’s overtime.
Because women use a variety of cosmetics and makeup, which could stain and fade clothes.
Same with hair dyes and hairsprays.
- Do your hair and makeup before getting dressed.
- Buy a robe to wear while going about your routine.
10. Fasten Zippers and Buttons
Sharp zipper teeth, press studs, and buttons from one garment can pose a threat to your clothes.
They can catch on to others while being washed or stored and inflict damage.
The zipper itself could also break or damage the drum of your washing machine.
- Zip your zippers and buttons
- You could opt to handwash clothes with zips.
Granted, no article of clothing can last forever.
With these tips on how to maintain clothes, what do you stand to gain?
You’d be adding at least a couple extra years to your clothes’ life spans.
Given that, apply the tips above, and your clothes would last a lot longer than before.