You see, Cake is a delicacy loved by many people today.
Especially for children, the mere sight or mention of Cake brings joy.
However, there are inconsistencies in taste experienced in some cakes;
Some cake might come out fine today, and the next time you try it, it’s definitely off track.
Fittingly, this article, focusing on how to make a simple cake, considers these shortfalls.
Thus, you can make one of the best cakes.
It focuses on seemingly little things that influence the appearance and texture of Cake.
Curated by an expert, these are the secrets on how to make a simple cake.
Here are the 4 easy Steps on How to Make a Simple Cake
Either you want to sell this simple cake, or it’s for your family, to be sure that your taste is consistent, you must:
- Prioritize on Accurate Measurement of Cake Ingredients. Don’t use tin; buy a measuring scale.
- Gather the Required Ingredients:
- Baking Powder
- Nutmeg (optional)
- Mixer (optional)
- Cake Softener (optional)
- Baking Pan
- Cake Stick / Toothpick
- Coloring (optional)
This step takes charge of the mixing and whisking. Let’s see!
- Mix the butter and sugar thoroughly With a Mixer. If well mixed, you have an appealing texture and an adorable look.
- Whisk Eggs in a Separate Bowl. The use of a whisker is advised for this step as it is more effective.
Add Cake Softener when mixing with hand.
Mix Cake in only one direction throughout, it ensures that the Cake comes out fluffy.
Keep mixing until it changes to creamy color, and sugar presence is no longer felt by the hand.
If you are making use of liquid flavor for the Cake, it should be added at this stage.
Add this to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Sieve flour, add nutmeg (optional), and baking powder in a separate bowl.
Baking powder serves as a rising agent in Cake. Don’t add in excess; it will make your Cake hard and alter the shape.
One teaspoon of baking powder to 500g of flour is perfect.
On the final step, these necessary steps are just as important as the previously highlighted steps.
- Add the mixture in step II to Step III gradually.
- Mix thoroughly to a fine, soft texture.
- Add some Coloring
- Butter the Baking Pan
- Sprinkle little Flour in it
- Bake cake in an oven using any baking pan of your choice.
- Leave it to bake for about 20 minutes, avoid opening the oven at regular intervals before the Cake is made.
- Remove From the Oven
- Allow to cool and treat yourself and family to a delicious cake
If you are not sure if the Cake is ready, you could dip a cake stick or a clean toothpick inside it.
If it comes out dry, then the Cake is ready.
Also Check on 6 Reasons Why Vacations are Important for Family
How To Make A Simple Cake At Home: Important Points to Bear in Mind
When baking a simple cake at home, take to heart these vital tips.
1. Before you start mixing, be sure that all the ingredients are available.
If you do, no ingredients will be missing.
Therefore, pay closer attention to the ingredients listed out in the first step.
2. To get the best out of your cake, all your ingredients need to be at room temperature.
Therefore, take out your butter, egg, and milk from the fridge to have them at room temperature before mixing.
3. Preheating your oven to the ideal temperature is vital.
This will ensure that your butter will go into the oven the moment you’re through with mixing.
It isn’t advisable to let your batter sit out for a long time before you go into the oven.
4. Always mix all dry ingredients thoroughly before you pour in your mix.
This lets ingredients like baking powder, soda, and salt blend well with every other ingredient.
5. Based on your oven, baking pans, and type, your baking time might vary.
Therefore be ready for time inconsistency.
No doubt, mastering how to make a simple cake will save you some bucks.
Also, the time spent on making it will further unite your family.
No Cake could be more admirable than a cake with a pleasant taste, nice texture, and excellent shape.
Are you ready to bake now, or will you wait until another weekend?
Give closer attention to these steps highlighted above.
On top of it, if you have kids or anyone who wants to know how to make a simple cake, don’t hesitate to teach them using these simple steps.