Is there a secret on how to make a simple cake? Absolutely! And that is what this article will unveil. You see, Cake is a delicacy loved by many people today. Especially for children, the mere sight or mention of Cake brings joy.
Today, Cake is available on occasions like wedding ceremonies, wedding anniversaries, and other exciting events. Furthermore, it is readily available in most, if not all confectioneries, provision stores, and even in some shops as a ‘side sale.’
But do you need to visit events or spend your hard-earned money every weekend to buy cakes for your family or yourself? No! Aside from the fact that mastering how to make a simple cake will save you some bucks, time spent on making it will further unite your family.
However, it should be known that there are varieties of cake taste, especially when made at home or as a side sale. Some have fantastic taste, yet, others don’t. Noteworthy is the inconsistency in taste experienced in some cakes; some cake might come out fine today, and the next time you try it, it’s definitely off track.
Fittingly, this article, focusing on how to make a simple cake, takes into consideration these shortfalls so you can make one of the best cakes. It focuses on seemingly little things that influence the appearance and texture of Cake. Curated by an expert, these steps are what you can fully trust.
How to Make a Simple Cake
Step I of IV on How to Make a Simple Cake
Either you want to sell this simple Cake, or it’s for your family, to be sure that your taste is consistent, you must:
- Prioritize on Accurate Measurement of Cake Ingredients. Don’t use tin, buy a measuring scale.
- Gather the Required Ingredients:
- Baking Powder
- Nutmeg (optional)
- Mixer (optional)
- Cake Softener (optional)
- Baking Pan
- Cake Stick / Toothpick
- Coloring (optional)
Step II of IV on How to Make a Simple Cake
- Mix the butter and sugar thoroughly With a Mixer. If well mixed, you have an appealing texture and an adorable look.
Note: Add Cake Softener when mixing with hand, mix Cake in only one direction throughout, it ensures that the Cake comes out fluffy. Keep mixing until it changes to creamy color and sugar presence is no longer felt by the hand.
- Whisk Eggs in a Separate Bowl.The use of a whisker is advised for this step as it is more effective. If you are making use of liquid flavor for the Cake, it should be added at this stage. Add this to the butter and sugar mixture.
Step III of IV on How to Make a Simple Cake
- Sieve flour, add nutmeg (optional) and baking powder in a separate bowl.
Note: Baking powder serves as a rising agent in Cake. Don’t add in excess, it will make your Cake hard and alters the shape. One teaspoon of baking powder to 500g of flour is perfect.
Step IV of IV on How to Make a Simple Cake
- Add the mixture in step II to Step III gradually.
- Mix thoroughly to a fine, soft texture.
- Add some Coloring
- Butter the Baking Pan
- Sprinkle little Flour in it
- Bake cake in an oven using any baking pan of your choice.
- Leave it to bake for about 20 minutes, avoid opening oven at regular intervals before the Cake is made.
- Remove From the Oven
- Allow to cool and treat yourself and family to a delicious cake
Note: If you are not sure if the Cake is done, you could dip a cake stick or a clean toothpick inside it. If it comes out dry, then the Cake is ready.
No Cake could be more admirable than a cake with a pleasant taste, nice texture, and nice shape. Are you ready to bake now or you will wait until another weekend, give closer attention to these steps highlighted above, top of it, if you have kids or anyone who wants to know how to make a simple cake, don’t hesitate to teach them using these simple steps.